Monday, November 27, 2006

day before turkey day

This will be a Thanksgiving of firsts....the first Turkey day at our housethe first Turkey in our oven ... the first Turkey day as a new mom .... and the first Turkey day with blueberry cranberry sauce!!!! Brian and I will be hosting Thanksgiving in Quincy, in our quaint little house. We will be having a total of 13 people including the little one and of course our two doggies, Emma and Boo Boo. I was a bit overwhelmed about all that goes into hosting such an event. From picking a menu, to realizing that our kitchen table only comfortably holds 6, to our futile attempt to remove the excess dog hair from our house, as not to freak our guests out too much. I would have preferred to skip the whole dead bird thing, as I have been a veg head for so long, but my hubby is very excited to be cooking his first turkey. He has researched all the cooking options, and has decided against stuffing it, as he is concerned about bacteria......so he is going to inject it with a butter sauce. They actually sell these large syringes just for injecting birds....only $5 at Target. My mom has been a big help getting everything ready at our house. We just recently renovated our kitchen, so it will be nice to finally use it. With the little one, I am amazed how exhausted I am after working all day that even warming up a can of soup takes too much effort.Since I am writing about Thanksgiving, I should write a few words about what I am thankful for. I am thankful for having such a scrumptious hubby who loves me dearly, a wonderful baby who is the spitting image of my hubby, a lovely family near and far, and our gingerbread house that my husband got instead of the apple pie I asked him to get for dinner. Happy Turkey day all, have a couple blueberries in your cranberry sauce to mix it up a bit. Gobble Gobble

No comments: